A couple of weeks ago, some friends sent out an invitation for a BaconFest. A party surrounding all things bacon. There were jalapeno poppers (with bacon), twice baked potatoes (with bacon), bacon wrapped dates, bacon no bake cookies, bacon dipped chocolate, bacon chocolate bark, and several other bacon inspired treats. It was all delicious!
- 8 slices of bacon
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
I recommend splurging on good quality chocolate and bacon. You won’t regret it!
1. Cook your bacon on medium-low heat. Your goal is crunchy and crispy bacon, without burning it to a crisp. You don’t want chewy bacon in your chocolate bark. While it’s cooking, line a baking sheet with tin foil.
2. When your bacon is cooked, let it cool on some paper towel. While it’s cooling, melt your chocolate in the microwave. Pour all of the chips in a bowl. Microwave for a minute, and stir. Repeat until there are no more chocolate lumps.
3. Crumble the bacon up into small bits. Mix in 2/3 of the bacon with the chocolate, and spread it on the baking sheet. You want it about a 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the remainder of the bacon on top.
4. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Once it’s cooled all the way through, break it into chunks and serve.