Sometimes, you bake something and it’s OK. Not blow-you-over-amazing, but still decent. It will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth’s craving, and you might even bake it again. But you’re not so unswervingly dedicated to it.
And then sometimes, you tweak it a bit. You read a few more recipes, you add a couple of ingredients, maybe swap one or two, and you’ve found IT. And IT is clearly superior. True story.
Black Raspberry Cobbler
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- Pour one cup of berries into ramekin. Lightly toss with 1/4 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine a scant 1/2 cup of flour, 1 Tbs. and 1 tsp. sugar, and 3/4 tsp. baking powder.
- With a fork, mix in 1 and 1/2 Tbs. cold butter.
- Once combined into a crumbly mixture, add 1/4 cup milk.
- Mix into a wet dough, and put on top of berries.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes (until the top is golden brown, and no longer doughy).
Sweet berries, fluffy cobbler crust: what’s not to enjoy?