I love me some strawberries. Especially strawberries with whipped cream on top.
Strawberries in whipped cream. Whipped cream filled with strawberries. A match made in heaven. Yes, sir.
Strawberry Whipped Cream
Based on Cupcake Project
- 24 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 Tbs. pureed strawberries
1. Process or blend about 8 large strawberries until they are reduced to a thick liquid.
2. Whip heavy cream until it looks like whipped cream. Stiff, but not too stiff.
3. Whip in sugar. Once combined, whip in strawberry puree.
Use immediately or store in fridge.
My recommendation: make a double layer chocolate cake (black bean cake, anyone?) and frost the cake between the layers, the top and sides. You’ll have just enough frosting left over for spatula licking. And spatula licking is the real reason we make cake, right? According to one very wise man, “It tastes like summer in my mouth.” Can’t ask for much more than that.
I wanna know: What’s your favorite summer dessert?