It’s national donut day! Isn’t that grand?
Thanks for the donut, neighbor!
I might be a little biased toward the month of June because of my birthday, but I am inclined to think that June is just a great month. Birthday or not. It’s the first month of summer. The days are long. We can revel in the newly warm temperatures. It’s grand.
May was pretty great as well, don’t get me wrong.
- I went backpacking. Way fun. Why don’t I do that more often? Just wait. This fall. My backpack and I will be inseparable on the weekends.
- I biked a few times. And bought some spandex. Triathlon outfit planned.
- I kept running, but was only semi faithful with the long runs and the sprinting.
- I made apple dumplings, salad dressing, shortbread cookies, marshmallows, and stuffed chicken breast. I’m halfway through my 101 in 1001 list!
- Flashback to April goals: I finished a Jane Austen novel!
Here comes June!
- Make a birthday cake. Double layer vanilla cake+butter cream. Birthday!
- Enjoy a day at the beach before the craziness begins.
- No triathlon, due to injury. Bummer. So, I’m going to work on some strength training and ease back into cardio with swimming, biking, and then running. Maybe a triathlon this fall? I’m determined to finish one in 2012! I have my eye on a race in Michigan this September.
- Recipes to try: stove top mac and cheese, beer can chicken, roasted brussels sprouts, and pizza sauce.